April 2, 2010

I Like Writing Things Down

I don't know why, but I like writing my recipes down. I realise it's completely old-fashioned but something about reading a printed recipe makes cooking feel odd.

Up till now I've written my recipes in a notebook and I've tried to section them but of course end up not being able to find recipes when I need them.

So I bought myself a recipe book that actually has sections :) It's just a Paperchase one that you can get at Borders.

I chose the one with the artichokes on the front because I've never cooked an artichoke and I thought it was funny. Perhaps it was funnier in my head...

Of course I went straight to filling up the Baking section.

My favourite section... it's the one that has the most recipes and makes me put on weight just flicking through it.

I've already ordered refills for the inserts because goodness knows I'm going to fill this up very shortly. They don't sell it at Borders so I had to get it online. They're not the same but they're the correct size, so who cares. Well, my middle sister would have a major problem because she's insane and has OCD (well so do I but about different things). She's totally going to remember I said this and kick me when she visits in the fall.

8 comments:

Lisa ONeill said...

I love your ambition - I tried for years to do the same. Now I have stacks and stacks of photocopied recipes, snipplets cut out of newspapers and magazines. I write favorites into the inside cover of cookbooks - that way I know exactly where to find them.

Terriaw said...

I'm with you in writing things down, especially recipes. I love that this notebook opens and lays flat so you can have it on your counter while cooking. I also love that it is spiral and refillable. Cool find!

Punctuation Mark said...

That is really nice... I have a few that I've put on paper but usually transfer them to the computer so if i splash all over them they are not lost forever...

Angela Nash said...

This is the thing that your children will cherish! Well, along with all the lovely quilts :)

Averil said...

*eye twitch*

Mariel Torres said...

ooooh i want one so bad! absolutely love it :)

Theresa said...

When we write things down, we make them real.

Rebekah said...

Very cool! That will be a fun heirloom to pass along to your children...filled with your notes and splatters and things :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...